What Is The Importance of Having a Fast Site?
- Increased Visitors: We've all bailed on a site because it was loading slowly and we had options elsewhere. The rates for mobile users abandoning sites for high load times are even steeper than for desktop computer users. If your site takes more than 3 seconds to load, over half of your customers have gone back to the search page results to examine the competition. By having a fast site, your customers will make more use of it.
- Better Ranking: Fast-loading pages get ranked better. It's one of the most critical metrics that Google uses when it comes to how it ranks search engine results. By having your site get ranked better, you attract more future customers in turn. Having an optimized site is key to being competitive in your market.
- Maximize Profits: Speed matters across every aspect of how people use your site. Increasing your page load speed has a direct impact on your conversion rates. By not optimizing your site, you're leaving money on the table. A delay of as little as a tenth of a second will hurt your conversion rates by 7%. Keep your site competitive and you'll see the rewards.
How Does WordPressWatch's WordPress Speed Optimization Service Work?
Once we start the onboarding process for your website, we'll perform a comprehensive audit of your site and your host. We'll develop a plan that will get us to try and score whatever 'easy wins' are available first before tackling the more difficult and often more time-consuming strategies.
The longer we spend with your site, the more manual optimization your site will receive as part of our standard care plan. We also make use of our plugin library to further improve the loading times.
Our technicians will work hard to make sure your site is constantly being optimized and finely tuned. Having a website that maintains consistently fast speeds will receive more traffic in turn.
We also partner up with our premium plugin developers to give you access to many of our premium plugins, such as for premium caching and image compression.
Can You Guarantee That My Website Will Load in Under 2 Seconds While Under Your Care Plan?
We aim to have all of our clients' sites loading in under a second, but we can't make blanket promises when all sites are unique and different. Anyone who promises load times of certain times without seeing your site just wants your money.
Given how unique and different every website can be it may be impossible to attain a loading time of under 2 seconds. To serve as an example, if your website is on a shared hosting service where it is using resources with thousands of other sites while also being served over a dozen Google Ads, your site speed will likely be affected.
As long as you take the advice of our engineers regarding your site, you have adequate hosting, and you make use of our speed optimization methods, getting your site to load in under 2 seconds should be within reach.
Can WordPressWatch Help Me Move To A Faster Host?
Absolutely. We have close relationships with hosting providers we have worked with and will match you up with someone who can meet your needs best. By developing ties with our hosting partners, we can better verify aspects like customer support, reliability, and speed.
Additionally, our clients benefit from our free migrations for those that do switch.
Our technicians will provide recommendations for the host they think meets your needs the most, including if you need your site to load faster. We will oversee all migrations to keep them as painless a procedure as possible. Our service techs will make sure everything is handled smoothly and will not include downtime of your site.
After the migration is successful, we'll make sure to optimize the new hosting environment.
Does WordPressWatch Offer One-time Speed Optimization?
Our speed optimization plans are only intended for clients who are interested in long-term solutions for keeping their sites in peak condition.
Providing some one-time speed boosting for your website may improve page load speeds for the next week or maybe a month, but the site will slow down as long as there is no one dedicated to speed optimization.
We're not just looking to get sites in better working order for the next few days, but for the foreseeable future.
While we may be reticent to embrace one-time speed optimization services, we recommend doing a bit of research and possibly downloading some books on the subject. You may be better served by approaching a freelancer about such work.
How Do You Speed Up Websites?
Many of our plans offer performance boosting. We'll optimize your site with manual adjustments and with preferred plugin practices. We know what it takes to increase your page load times in order to best keep your page bounces low.
Our technicians will perform a full audit of your website and hosting environment during your onboarding process. We take this time to consider what can be done to increase your site performance or improve the user experience for your site visitors.
We will improve your site's performance as a long-term project. Keeping your website fast and responsive is a never-ending arms race, but you can't afford to fall behind!
While undergoing the onboarding process, we'll process your website and find out which plugins will improve your site's performance or functionality. Some of the preferred plugins will provide you by
- Optimizing images
- Removing query strings
- Optimizing mobile versions of sites
- Providing render-blocking resources
- Combining requests
- Leveraging browser Caching
- Implementing Lazy Loading Images
- Enabling compression
- Inlining critical CSS
- Reducing Server Response Time
- Providing CDN support
After our onboarding process of taking a full audit of your systems, we will comprehensively analyze items like GTmetrix waterfall, Google Core Web Vitals, and Google Pagespeed. Our engineers will tweak and modify your site's infrastructure, letting you know when the crucial improvements have been made. Our team will let you know when they have maximized the quickest gains.